- FTTH Council Africa members shall at all times pay respect to the quality of its services, products and operations with a reputation for honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, trust and sound business judgment.
- FTTH Council Africa members agree that illegal or unethical conduct on the part of officers, directors, employees or affiliates is not in the industry’s best interest. FTTH Council Africa members will at all times adhere to high standards of integrity.
- All Parties must apply this Code within the context of the following principles:
- Co-operation: Each Party will work together and cooperate to ensure that, where ECNS Licensees have a right of access, that right is fairly balanced against the local/provincial and national authority’s right to claim reasonable conditions and standards for work, as stipulated by the local authority.
- Technical Excellence: Members of the FTTH Council Africa will foster the adoption of best prac-tice standards, technical excellence and a competent workforce, thus preventing avoidable damage in the road reserve.
- Quality: Members of the FTTH Council Africa will foster the adoption of quality assurance proc-esses and ensure that work is carried out in a competent and professional manner to ensure that quality outcomes are delivered.
- Respect for others: Members of the FTTH Council Africa shall respect others’ assets and prop-erty rights when carrying out works. Members of the FTTH Council Africa have a responsibility to preserve, promote and balance the diverse values and uses of roads and other infrastructure.
- Safety: Constructing party will adhere to best practice safety standards and follow relevant HSE practices.
- When dealing with governmental institutions, Members of the FTTH Council Africa agree to abide by the following:
- Primary Contractors that sub contract work remain the primary responsible company to ensure that work is according to specifications;
- Primary Contractors will ensure that sub-contractors are suitably trained to deliver quality work;
- Primary Contractors will ensure equity and fairness and will deal with other parties fairly, honestly, equally, without prejudice or bias.
- Follow due procedures when engaging with local authorities with regards to applications for way-leaves and other approvals which may be deemed necessary;
- Respect assets of local authorities including pavements, plants, trees, and street furniture;
- Adhere to safety standards for deployment of fibre optic infrastructure and HSE practices;
- All contractors will abide by the minimum rates for labour per day, as stipulated by applicable in country Labour Law;
- No bribes, kickbacks or other similar remuneration or consideration shall be given to any person or organisation in order to attract or influence business activity, or expedite the delivery of approvals.
Violation of this Code of Ethics may result in discipline, including possible termination of membership. The degree of discipline relates in part to whether there was a voluntary disclosure of any ethical violation and whether or not the violator cooperated in any subsequent investigation.
The FTTH Council Africa will consider complaints made against members and a process for the investigation process can be found on the FTTH Council Africa website.
FTTH Council Africa members must co-operate with the FTTH Council Africa to resolve all complaints lodged against members and any decisions taken by the FTTH Council Africa including disciplinary procedure and potential suspension.
Certificates are issued annually. Always request a valid membership certificate.